Sunday 3 April 2011

A New Experience?

It seems that if I spend an arm and a leg on a train trip to London (the petrol wouldn’t cost much less, and the stress levels would more than compensate,) I can get a ‘fish pedicure’ with 70% off.

Fish pedicure? Is this some strange, oriental practice, or just another thing somebody in the west has thought up to make money? What a weird fuckin’ world. I’m just a simple bloke who wants to do simple things – commune with trees and birds, make friends with dogs, and sleep safe in my bed.

‘Scuse the language. The scotch is kicking in.

6 comments:

Anthropomorphica said...

I believe it's known in Turkey where there are fish in natural pools ( I think) that scavenge the dead, callused skin on your feet!

JJ said...

So is that what the final scene in Children of Heaven is about? Assumaing you've seen it?

I think I must be the only person on earth who likes the idea of having wounds treated by maggots.

Anthropomorphica said...

That's such a quietly, mesmerisingly, heartachingly, wonderful film!! Exactly my dear Mr B, he's having his sore tired feet sorted out.
Maggot make sense but I still shiver, think it's the fault of Italian maggoty cheese, brrrrrrr.

Leeches anyone?

JJ said...

I assume one divests the cheese of its maggots before eating it? My concern would be for the innocent maggots.

Anthropomorphica said...

Apparently not! Hence the shiver.

JJ said...

Must remember not to order a cheese sandwich if ever I go to Italy, then.