Sunday 3 April 2011

Sad Ol' Sod

I brought the washing in today, just before it rained. I became quite good at reading the weather when I was a landscape photographer. I’m the one of whom people ask ‘Do you think it’s going to rain?’ I look knowingly at the sky and say ‘Mmm... 60-70% chance, I’d say.’ ‘Better get the washing in, then.’ And so they do, and then it rains, and then they say ‘I wish I was as clever as you, Jeffrey.’ At that point I protest that it’s nothing more than practice, but inside I’m thinking ‘Yeah, it is pretty clever, isn’t it?’ Pathetic.

And I’ll tell you what else is pathetic... Later maybe, if and when I feel less concerned about the prospect of being viewed as pathetic.

5 comments:

Anthropomorphica said...

We all love to have these small triumphs, I'm a smeller. "smells like rain!"
By the way, I love the changes in photos and colours and I'm particularly loving the stones.

cradogly-that's my verification word, sounds like my usual mood on waking ;)

JJ said...

And snow smells different than rain.

If I remember correctly, the stones were somewhere near Patterdale in the Lake District.

Anthropomorphica said...

It does! I was going to post that I claim to smell snow's arrival too.

JJ said...

AS a kid, I used to see a change in the colour of the light when a thunderstorm was due.

Anthropomorphica said...

Perceptive boy!