Monday 25 April 2011

Evolving.

I’ve mentioned in a couple of posts how I’ve started to feel some sort of subtle energy in the air when there are no people or vehicles about in the evening. I referred to it in a story once as ‘the tingle of the earth energies,’ which is interesting because I hadn’t felt it so strongly then. And yet it’s an apt description; that’s what it feels like. So what I’m hoping is this:

I’m hoping it means that my consciousness is becoming more attuned to whatever lies behind the wholeness of the natural world, and I’m further hoping that the proof will come in the behaviour of the animals and birds. If I’m right, I expect them to start coming closer. Not because they’re consciously thinking ‘This guy has been around for a while and he hasn’t hurt us yet, so maybe we can trust him,’ but rather because they recognise that I’m at home in their world. I don’t expect them to become my ‘friends’ as such. Why should they? I would only expect them to view me as they would a cow or a rabbit – something that isn’t alien but belongs here and doesn’t threaten them.

That would be most fulfilling. We’ll see.

2 comments:

Carmen said...

i would like to think the spider in my bathroom knows and is grateful that i am not letting my dad kill it and that's the only reason it's alive, but i'm afraid it doesn't work like that.

JJ said...

It doesn't need to work like that, Carms. Virtue is its own reward.