Monday 4 April 2011

Some Time in the Future...

This seems to be a time for strange dreams. Here’s the latest, if you’re interested.

I was in a hospital bed and had just died following an illness. Despite the fact that I was completely flatlined, however, I still had enough life force to enable me to get out of bed and go around visiting my friends and family. I was doing so to bring the news of my death and to take my final farewells. When I’d seen everybody, I returned to the hospital and approached the bed. I knew that when I lay down again and closed my eyes, the life force would leave my body in the form of consciousness and be subject to a wholly different form of existence. I didn’t know what to expect and was a little apprehensive, yet I felt a thrill of excitement at the prospect of discovering something new. I approached the bed positively, telling myself that I had to be strong about this and just get on with it. Before I did so, however, I woke up.

-----------------------------

And on a lighter note, the strawberry plants in my greenhouse have their first flowers.

2 comments:

Jeanne said...

Are your dreams ever prophetic?

It is evident that the House situation is preying heavily on your mind (the last dream that you shared with us was evidence of that).
Maybe this dream is telling you that there could be 'new horizons' in your future - you are bidding the 'old ways/old lifestyle' goodbye and opening yourself to something new - maybe a move or you'll win the Nobel prize in literature...

I know! Such deep thinking. LOLOL

JJ said...

Rarely prophetic, Jeanne. More like the weird workings of a 1st decanate's Sagittarian brain, I should say.

And I'll take the Nobel Prize, please. This is the seventh house I've lived in over the last twenty five years, and the only one I've wanted to settle in. I love this place and the prospect of being forced out feels all wrong.