Sunday 24 April 2011

Morning Randomness.

Three considerations have been impressing themselves into my thought processes this morning, whether I want them there or not: one question, one notion, and one suspicion.

1) To what extent am I the human known as Jeff Beazley, and to what extent am I the consciousness that’s using this mortal machine as a temporary host?

2) Life as a human being seems far too short to worry about whether it has meaning or not.

3) The human brain is as capable of understanding any credible concept of ‘God’ as a single leaf in a forest is capable of understanding the complexity of the earth’s whole physical environment.

I don’t think they’re in competition.

6 comments:

Maria Sondule said...

I think that your blog is an extension of yourself, or at least I hope, because the person on this blog is admirable.

JJ said...

My turn to ask: are you being sarcastic, Maria?

Maria Sondule said...

Not at all.

JJ said...

Then you must be even madder than me. But thank you anyway.

Carmen said...

your first point made me think of the movie 'Being John Malkovich'. Just sayin'.

JJ said...

I watched it years ago. I remember liking it. Maybe I related.