Saturday 30 April 2011

Epilogue.

I’m hoping this is the last time I shall feel moved to write a post about The Wedding.

(Hooray?)

So, three final points:

I had hoped we could now consign all those vomitous William and Kate ‘documentaries’ to history. Silly me. Now they’re repeating them.

Somebody came to my blog by searching Does the fact that William has been made Duke of Cambridge mean he’s been demoted? No; I was being facetious. Royals get these titles handed to them as a matter of course just for being there. Think of them as something akin to plastic trophies covered with gold paint, handed out and then put away in a cupboard because nobody gives a toss. Or you can think of them as being like having another tattoo on the other buttock, if you like.

Viewing figures indicate that 40% of the British population watched the wedding on the TV. That’s huge, apparently – puts it in the all-time top ten of programmes watched in this country. I’d prefer to take the half empty approach to this one, and find some small comfort from the fact that 60% of people didn’t watch it.

Over and out. Off to do some gardening.

No comments: