Thursday 28 April 2011

Striking a Balance.

Going back to my rants about publishers, I think it only fair to point out that not all small press publishers play the god role. I’ve encountered several who are friendly, courteous and respectful of the symbiotic relationship that exists between publisher and author. They’re the ones who say ‘thank you for letting us publish your story,’ and I can cheerfully say ‘thank you for publishing it.’ The ones whose links appear at the bottom of A Handful of Stories mostly fall into that category.

2 comments:

Nuutj said...

It's good to know that. I wish you always meet those fair publishers.

JJ said...

All small press publishers have Submission Guidelines on their websites, Mei-shan. I can usually tell from there whether I want to deal with them or not. I tend to discard about eight out of ten.