Friday 15 April 2011

One of the Current Malfunctions.

My splendid steed the Red Renault of Roston isn’t well, poor thing. Increasingly frequent power failures necessitating much pulling into the kerb and applying the hazard warning lights while I persuaded him to go again. It was becoming a source of some irritation, so I drove him over to Nigel the Mechanic today.

Nigel’s garage is thirty miles away, much of it on the busy A50 trunk road. RRR kept on losing power and then picking up again, and a breakdown seemed imminent. It was a tense drive because, believe me, the city stretch of the A50 is most certainly not the place to break down. The vehicles are spaced about a car length apart, they’re all doing around 60mph, and there’s no way off the road. But he made it. When I described the symptoms in detail, Nigel’s reaction was a shake of the head and the muttered phrase ‘Doesn’t sound good.’

Maybe I shouldn't have moaned about the French this week. Maybe this is the Renault's Revenge.

So now I’m using Frothgar again while RRR gets examined. Remember Frothy? He of the flat tyres and refusal to start during the Arctic winter? Wish me luck.

No comments: