Saturday 16 April 2011

Whatever Turns the Tap On.

Some people burst into tears at the sight of suffering. Others, like me, are more inclined to react emotionally when witnessing the joy of deliverance from pain or bondage. I saw a woman in tears on the TV tonight because she’d just won £75,000.

Of course, I don’t know her personal circumstances. Maybe she had to pay a ransom demand for a kidnapped relative, or maybe she needed to pay off a loan shark to avoid having her fingers shattered by a blow from a blunt instrument. Not very likely though, is it? The fact is, people do get emotional when they suddenly come into a lot of money.

And that’s what I find incomprehensible.

2 comments:

Maria Sondule said...

My last comment (on the above post) also applies :)

JJ said...

Better read the comment on the above post, then. I'm working backwards.