Tuesday 12 April 2011

They Took Charabanc up to London.

Something else to blame on the fresh air and gardening: I’ve been tired in the evenings these past few days. Last night I fell asleep in front of the computer at about half past two in the morning. I’m usually wide awake at that time. But here’s the interesting bit. How do you go to sleep sitting on a computer chair without arms, and not fall off it? I must have been dead to the world for at least ten minutes because the screen saver was on when I woke up.

So, yet again I promise myself an early night. It’s off to the city tomorrow for coffee with Helen, the getting of things I can’t get in the local town, and hopefully the sorting of a little issue with the bank. This is me putting one foot back in the world of Camelot and the Saxon hordes. Briefly. And who knows, it might even provide something to post about.

They took charabanc up to London
Then, thinking they’d time for a sup,
They took out what food they’d brought with ’em
And waited for t’ghost to turn up.

I didn’t write that. It’s a verse from the third in a famous series of comic monologues. It has to be heard with a Lancashire accent. Can you do that? Good.

No comments: