Monday 18 April 2011

A Couple of Questions about TV Drama.

I watched a TV drama tonight, in which a character – apparently a well educated young woman – said to her father ‘This is the last time you will ever see me again.’

I assume the person who wrote that was a professional scriptwriter. I assume that he or she got paid to write it. And I assume the production company employs at least one script editor. So...

And have you ever noticed that in TV dramas and films, whenever somebody drives a car away from a parked position at night, they always turn on the headlights before starting the engine? I’ve been driving for a long time now, and I’ve never done that. I’ve never known anybody else do it either. It doesn’t make sense. I’m hoping to meet a director of films or TV dramas one day who can explain it to me.

No comments: