Friday 15 May 2015

What's in a (Horse's) Name?

Yesterday I discovered the name of that very sweet horse I mentioned a few weeks ago – the one that kept nuzzling my ear and was rewarded with handfuls of fresh grass from my side of the gate. She’s called Rosie. I wonder whether a Rosie by any other name would smooch as sweet.

(I made this post with the express intention of encouraging a lady from upstate New York to practice rolling her eyes. I’m the first to admit that puns are a bit puerile.)

6 comments:

Madeline said...

Consider my eyes rolled. Puns may be puerile but I never stop being amused by them. Also my mother is a big fan of horses. Let her tell you about her "boyfriend," Bill.

JJ said...

Can't wait. I hope I'm old enough to hear it.

And I hope the unaccustomed lateness of the hour doesn't indicate any indisposition.

Madeline said...

No indisposition, just a disposition inclined to be writing late into the night.

JJ said...

Ah good, one of the healthiest of dispositions.

Anonymous said...

Ah yes, my boyfriend Bill. Wish I had the money to buy him and give him a life of green pastures and buckets of oats, and sweet hay.

Jeff, did I ever mention the book 'Biocentrism' by Robert Lanza to you? I'd say it's right up your alley. If you can't get a copy from your library I'll send you mine.

Best regards,

n.

JJ said...

You did, Nancy, you did. And I was lax, as is my way, and forgot...

Sorry. It's on my to-do list for when I go shopping on Wednesday.

My thoughts are with Bill. I'm only just realising how sensitive horses are. Rosie's friend, Milly, is really rather silly. She dances around willy-nilly when I lean on the gate, like I'm a threat or something! Ben, on the other hand, is very old and ignores me completely because he's too busy eating.

Odd that it's taken me this long to start 'getting' horses.