Friday 15 May 2015

Madness Part 2.

What is a clean living chap supposed to make of it all, I wonder? All I said was that I’d never been a fan of Jimi Hendrix, and Lisa felt compelled to offer me some sisterly advice:

‘Listen to it while stoned on some really good shit and maybe some acid.’

Well, acid has been a fellow traveller of mine for a long time, but not that sort of acid. I’ve never had the means, the opportunity, or even the motive. Besides, my brain seems to have the capacity to manufacture a little of an acceptable substitute of its own now and then. I’ve been known to stroke the occasional beetle and wish it a heartfelt good evening, and get a glow from so doing. That’s pretty acidic isn’t it, and it didn’t cost me a penny, not even in damage to my reputation since nobody was looking. Lisa goes on:

‘It’s a fucking experience.’

Ah, maybe not so sisterly after all. And it would make a refreshing change, but maybe some things just aren’t worth the risk.

(I did used to get a strange sense of time being elongated while smoking a joint and listening to Enya’s Smaointe after a hard day, but I don’t suppose that’s in the same league. Not nearly mad enough.)

No comments: