Wednesday 13 May 2015

Just Oddness.

Sometimes I have cause to recall something that happened in my past. And when I do I’m often struck by the fact that the past doesn’t exist. So then I’m further struck by the most convincing sense that it never did, that all those experiences were some sort of continuous illusion. And if they were illusory, then so is this. I’m not really sitting here writing a blog post, it’s just my little fragment of the universal consciousness creating a dream to send my perceptions off on a rollercoaster ride.

And then I feel truly alone, but it doesn’t matter.

This is no existential outpouring, just the recounting of an odd trait.

(I’m also occasionally struck by the suspicion that if God exists, It wouldn’t want to be worshipped. The ultimate superior being would surely have no use for an ego.)

So now, if you’re sitting comfortably in a warm room, and the lighting is very low, and it’s both dark and quiet outside so you can imagine you’re floating in the cosmos, and you feel relaxed and reflective, and maybe you’re accompanied by somebody with whose fragment of the universal consciousness you wish yours to connect (not obligatory) you might like to listen to this. It’s about Tat, Sat, and Aum – a state of non-being which creates a state of being which creates material reality. Whoops, now we're getting existential. But it’s also a nice tune. This is only the first eight minutes; the full piece is available on YouTube.

No comments: