Saturday 16 May 2015

On Priorities and Jolly Flag Waving.

You see, this is another illustration of how markedly I differ from my fellow Brits:

Ask me the name of the Norwegian king who was the first to bring an army to invade England in 1066, and I’ll tell you it was Harald Hardrada without hesitation. But ask me the name of Prince William’s two children, who are 3rd and 4th in line to the present British throne, and I wouldn’t have a clue.

I’d lay a fair bet that no more than 1% (if that) of the British population knows the name of Harald Hardrada. I’m part of the 1% (or less) who doesn’t know the names of William’s kids.

This must say something about my sense of priorities. I suspect it has something to do with the fact that people get all simpering and jolly about royal sprogs, which leads me to suspect that the kids have been lifted by a secret arm of the Establishment from some sprog bank somewhere in order to hypnotise the population into thinking that they’re really quite happy with the status quo after all.

No comments: