Saturday 20 April 2013

The Yorkshire Lass and the Leprechaun.

Tonight I found a rather special video on YouTube - Kate Rusby, Cathy Jordan and Dervish all on the same stage singing As I Roved Out. I've already posted one YouTube video tonight, so maybe I'll save this one for another time.

It's of some small interest to me that Kate Rusby has the same birthday as Mary Davies, the first girl who truly aroused my passion when I'd reached the ripe old age of seventeen. We worked together, and she used to come around to my house when we had an afternoon off to listen to some music in my bedroom. My mother didn't like her; she suspected poor Mary of trying to lead me astray. Mothers can be incredibly naive about their sons sometimes.

The passion went largely unrequited, but that's of no importance. It's always the feelings that matter, not the actions.

No comments: