Friday 12 April 2013

Mid Evening Notes.

I decided to give the somewhat improved knee a trial walk tonight. It survived with only a few minor grumbles. And it was nice to see a lot of customers in the lounge bar of the local pub for a change. I also went and said hello to the decommissioned phone box, as I said I would. I decided it wouldn’t be a good idea to stand in it, just in case a couple of tram liners came past in a car on their way to the village.

‘Why’s that weird man standing in the phone box? It hasn’t worked in three years.’

‘I know.’

‘Well, what’s he doing there?’

‘Keeping it company, I expect.’

‘Oh, right. I like him. I really like him.’

*  *  *

Talking of telephones, I agreed to take part in a phone survey on the subject of data protection. One of the questions was about Cloud.

‘I don’t know what Cloud is,’ I said.

‘Neither do I,’ replied the questioner.

‘Better put me down as a Don’t Know, then.’

‘OK.’

Modern languages, eh?

*  *  *

I saw a photograph earlier which relieved me of a self-imposed sense of obligation to somebody. Time to move on now. That’s all you’re getting.

No comments: