Monday 15 April 2013

Post Mortem.

What I believe is this:

When the being known as JJ finally stops functioning and gets taken off to feed the flames, the crows, or the earthworms (I’d like it be the crows, but it’s the least available option,) his consciousness will continue to function. So what I want to know is this:

That consciousness will probably continue to have a sense of individual identity, but will it have a personality now that it isn’t attached to a person?

These things interest me, you know?

*  *  *

I like this little-quoted line from Charles Dickens’ Pickwick Papers:

A carriage driver has just had his head knocked off as a result of not ducking soon enough when negotiating a low archway. The writer ruminates:

‘So there he was: sandwich in hand and no mouth to put it in.’

I’m not CD’s biggest fan, but he did have a sense of humour.

No comments: