Sunday 28 April 2013

The Power of Music.

I find it interesting that it can sometimes take five or six or a dozen listenings to a song before you feel its full weight. I suppose it’s because the mind, heart and soul have to attune themselves to all the nuances. And when they do, the song can become almost too heavy to bear and you find yourself exposed to sensory overload. The song I included in the previous post is a good example for me.

I’m sure we don’t all experience this; I suspect it’s something that mostly affects those afflicted with the HSP gene (if gene it is.) So is it a curse or a blessing? Well, where music is concerned, I’d say it’s a blessing because it can be remarkably therapeutic.

But if you don’t experience this, please try to understand. The next time you see someone emotionally overcome on hearing a song, try not to mock. A powerful force is working on them, and they might even be healing from something you don’t know about.

No comments: