Monday 8 April 2013

Excursion to the Royal Derby.

Just back from the latest hospital visit. Plan A is to do nothing for now, then go back in a year for further monitoring. I'm hoping there'll be no need of a Plan B. Five random and largely insubstantial notes:

1) The fatigue symptoms and knee problem were quite a lot in evidence, courtesy of yesterday's gardening, I expect. I took the lift a couple of times, which I never normally do.

2) I held a door open for a foreign woman behind me. She said 'Thanky to.'

3) The surgeon who saw me today sounded German. I studiously avoided making one of my usual immature and insensitive jokes. I'm normally a very sensitive person, but my sensitivity sensor often deserts me when it comes to jokes.

4) I considered getting myself some lunch while I was there. A simple repast of a sandwich, packet of crisps, chocolate bar and cup of coffee would have cost me about £6 (the fancier stuff was more expensive.) The cost of having the same thing when I got home was around 50p.

5) The following picture, drawn in charcoal on heavy paper, is by a Derby artist called Barbara Colbert. The original was one of three forming a triptych on a wall of a corridor in the hospital. They were about 7ft tall and very impressive. This one cost £1500. I didn't buy it.

 

No comments: