Thursday 11 April 2013

Another Postscript and Bits.

I first heard Enya’s song China Roses seventeen years ago when The Memory of Trees was her latest album. As I intimated in the last post, it carries a heady recollection in its wake by way of association, but I gave the song itself only passing attention at the time and have never listened to it since. (I wasn’t too keen on the album, you see.)

Until yesterday…

Why did it take seventeen years to discover this song? Have I discovered it? Strange as it may sound, it feels more as though it’s discovered me. Does every man, I wonder, get to a point in life where he wants to go back to year zero and have a mother put everything to rights with a lullaby? Could that be it? There’s somebody out there who might offer a credible answer, but I don’t know where she is.

*  *  *

Yesterday’s posts were consistently badly written. I’ve been editing them.

Today has been insanely miserable for several reasons, enumeration of which would be tedious for writer and reader alike. Who would have reason to be interested anyway? And there won’t be a walk tonight because the knee pain is too bad.

One clump of daffodils in the garden is finally producing a few blooms.

No comments: