Thursday 9 September 2010

Variation and Risk.

First, the variation.

My name it is Susie.
I want a jacuzzi!

Or might that suffice
To show I’m not nice,
But really a shameless old floozy?

And now the risk.

I met a wise man when I was wandering on the mountain top. He said I can do, say and think whatever I like as long as it isn’t unkindly meant. So does that mean I can admit to having spent my whole life seeking to explore the undiscovered cuntry? Or would it precipitate a mood of disquiet, so that none but amoral aficionados of Shakespeare with a taste for bad jokes would ever read my blog again?

I promise to take this post down tomorrow if there are no comments. Right now, I’m giggling.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Haha.A trip downtown? No deleting this one!

Anthropomorphica said...

The missing O that creates a gasp or a giggle. I'm glad to see you're still up to your usual mischief!!

JJ said...

Thank heaven for the broad mind - the indulgent roll of the eyes when a little boy says 'bum,' and then giggles. Thank you both.

Maria Sondule said...

Wow, I stopped checking your blog because I figured you weren't going to post for a while, and look at how wrong I was!
What was the man doing on the mountaintop? Seems to me that wise men are more to be found looking out on a country field from a back patio after a life of lessons hard-earned. ;)

JJ said...

Thanks for the question, Maria. The short answer is 'showing me another bit of the overview.' I do sit on my eqivalent of a back patio looking out on a country field, and I have had a life of lessons, some of which were hard-earned. But it isn't enough. The problem with the school of hard knocks is that it only teaches you how life works; it doesn't teach you what it's all about. To start answering that question, you have to try to look at it from the outside. That's where the mountain comes in. I can't rest contented on the back patio while the big questions remain.

And thank you for not (apparently) being offended by my schoolboy joke.