Monday 27 September 2010

Numbers.

I was curious to know whether my assessment of distances was somewhere near accurate, so I accessed a website that would tell me. I entered lots of places around the world, places that have become significant to me. I found that the neatest was Mumbai.

Distance from me: 4545 miles

4+5 = 9

9+9 = 18

1+8 = 9

9 = 3+3+3

Sat-Tat-Aum
Brahma-Vishnu-Shiva
Orange-White-Green

I think I’m clutching at straws here. I think it’s what can happen when you make tough decisions. I think I’m in a strange mood. I think I need to talk to somebody. I think I know who it is, but I don’t think it will happen.

* * *

My Flag Counter disappeared today. I did some digging and discovered that one of their servers was down, so I got another one just in case the original didn’t come back. It did, which is why I now have two.

Isn’t that just the most interesting thing you’ve heard all year?

* * *

I think that having your equilibrium disturbed might be one definition of ‘unbalanced.’ I find that kind of thing interesting. In fact, observing myself is about the most interesting thing I do these days.

If this post attracts any comments, I might just eat my hat. Or, to quote a favourite phrase of a Liverpudlian manager I once had, ‘show me arse in Woollies window.’ Fortunately, we don’t have any Woolworth’s any more. They’ve gone out of business.

2 comments:

lucy said...

Lol, Jeff. You really like yor visitors counter(s) don't you?

JJ said...

Better than showing yer arse in Woolies window, though. And you should hear what I've discovered now. The plot thickens. Things are not as they seem. It appears that even stats trackers are not infallible. Imagine that! Will I ever trust the world again?