Tuesday 7 September 2010

Two Little Mysteries.

According to Google stats, my post ‘Thomasin’ has been viewed eight times today. Why? Would it have been viewed eight times if it had been called ‘Mildred?’

And a little less mysterious, but still interesting. The local farmer’s son came along in his tractor today, to cut the long boundary hedge that runs down the side of my garden and borders his land. I went out and offered him £20, which seemed a reasonable price to me. He said he didn’t want that much; £10 would suffice. Can you imagine a modern young businessman saying that, in a world which believes in charging the highest price you can get away with? I insisted he had the £20 anyway. He did a good job.

2 comments:

lucy said...

Aw, you're so nice Jeff!

But that is rather strange. One would have thought he'd take the £20 but he took £10 instead! You can buy TWO £10 with £20!! Haha

JJ said...

I'm not half as nice as you, Lu. I can be quite grumpy and selfish at times. Is the new picture in the pool you?