Tuesday 28 September 2010

Approaching the Twilight Zone.

Something reminded me today of an odd little incident that happened shortly after I moved to this house.

I was in the shower one night when I heard loud voices and other sounds coming from downstairs. I soon realised it was a TV, and got a bit cross because I assumed it was my neighbour playing his set very loudly. I decided I would have to have words with him the next day.

But then, when I came out of the shower and went downstairs, I discovered it was mine. It had switched itself on and I found that the auto timer had been set. That was odd since I’d never set the timer and wouldn’t have known how to. It took me ages to work out how to turn it off.

So OK, either I’d somehow done it accidentally, or it was some little electronic glitch. What I found strange, though, was that it happened the night I’d watched the second Ringu film – the one in which the TV sets keep switching themselves on. What’s that theory about electronic devices developing a form of intelligence?

2 comments:

Maria Sondule said...

ooooh this is creepy.
Sometimes I think things are too coincidental to be accidents. Then again, that's why they're called coincidences....

JJ said...

Or synchronicity. Did you ever read my post about Inge?