Wednesday 8 September 2010

Coming Down From the Mountain.

This is what happens when you start the descent from the more rarefied atmospheres. You get things like this running through your head, that’s what. Have you any idea how ashamed I am?

My name it is Susie.
I want a jacuzzi
To end all my troubles.
Just think of those bubbles,
And how I could make them amuse me.
 
But then, if I might paraphrase:
 
What is this life
If, wilily nilly,
We have no time
To just be silly.
 
I have five thousand people coming for a meal tomorrow. What the hell am I going to do with this sliced loaf and two bits of Sainsbury’s smoked mackerel?

2 comments:

lucy said...

Why are 5000 people coming for a meal tomorrow? That's a lot of people (just pointing out the obvious, haha!). Love the first poem.

JJ said...

Bad joke on my recent experiences. Feeding the five thousand? No delusions of grandeur here, though. Just a joke.