Saturday 11 September 2010

To Solve an Old Mystery.

Two years ago I was doing a short so-called training course with a group of people of all ages, but mostly on the right side of forty. I was one of the oldest people there.

One day, a young woman of around nineteen or twenty approached me in the tea room, threw her arms around me and said ‘I’m really a very good girl, you know.’ She said it in that... well... that way.

I didn’t know why she’d done it at the time, and I still don’t. But it’s occurred to me that I now have several young women available to advise me at the touch of the keyboard. So please tell me, young friends, what was that all about? Is it normal?

2 comments:

lucy said...

Erm, no. Well I don't think it's normal. I guess it depends on her. I mean, she was the one who did it.

Maybe she likes you. Maybe she likes older men. Who knows. You should've asked!

JJ said...

Obviously just a very odd girl then. Glad I didn't ask her. Thanks, Lu.