Sunday 26 September 2010

Considering the Question of Dust.

Somebody sent me one of those round robin e-mails today. This one was about not getting bogged down with the housework habit when there are more adventurous and fun ways of spending time. The bit I liked most was:

Why dust the furniture? Why not write ‘I love you’ in it instead?

It ended with an ironic observation. It pointed out that people spend so much of their lives getting rid of dust, only to die at the end of it and create more dust.

2 comments:

lucy said...

I like this post. But honestly, I don't think I could ever write 'i love you' in the dust, or anything for that matter. i hate the feeling of dust on my fingers.

JJ said...

So wear gloves. Or even sacrifice your sensibilities for your loved one (preferably yourself.) Now there's a thought.