Monday 27 September 2010

Lucy Has Me Pegged.

OK, I’m a nerd. I like stats trackers. It probably indicates a severe case of arrested development, if not something more serious. I confess. I have more anoraks than anybody else.

But...

The episode with the missing Flag Counter has thrown up something interesting. As I’ve already said, I got another one. So now I have two. When the original reappeared no worse for it’s incarceration at the hands of a faulty server, I was going to dispense with number 2. But no. It just gets more interesting, because the two Flag Counters give different results. One says, for example, that the last visit was from India. The other says it was the USA. There’s more, but I won’t bore you.

(I already did? Oh, sorry.)

The point is this. Why the hell does hardly anything work perfectly these days?

No comments: