Sunday 19 September 2010

Alternative Version.

I have the impression I’ve been irritating people the past couple of days. Hardly surprising; I’ve been irritating myself. So I offer this ditty to make it up to you.

The owl and the pussycat went to sea
In a beautiful pea green boat.
The owl became drunk,
Then the vessel was sunk,
And only the pussy could float.

When the owl reached the bed
He looked up at the head
Of two legs
Kicking out, all astride.

Oh pussy, my love,
He said with a smile.
And then, quite contented,
He died.

Yoni soit qui mal y pense.

4 comments:

Jfromtheblock said...

heavens D:

JJ said...

Just fooling around, Jen. There's more than one joke in here. There's even a serious comment.

Don't understand D: Does that mean you've decided I'm reprehensible?

Jfromtheblock said...

not at all! D; is simply a face one makes that somewhat resembles notions of 'shock' and 'horror', often sarcastically used.

D:

the colon are the eyes

JJ said...

You shocked? Never! Too sophisticated - in its literal sense.