Friday 20 August 2010

Was it Something I Said?

Blow me! I lost a follower today. Losing a few wives and partners along the rocky road of life is par for the course, but losing a blog follower smacks of carelessness. I have to wonder whether I’ve become either boring or offensive. Offensive I can just about live with, but boring would be intolerable.

The problem is, I don’t know who I’ve lost. It’s right, though. Google used to give 35 when the count was actually 34. Now they’re giving 34 when the count is 33.

Anybody want to own up and tell me where my fault lies? If not, I’ll pretend I don’t care. Actually, I don’t suppose I do really.

8 comments:

mxtodis123 said...

Ha! Those are the exact same thoughts I had when I lost one on 'three' of my blogs in one day. I just knew it had to be the same person. LOL!!! Same thoughts went through my head. My first thought was, "Was it something I said?"
Mary

Mother Moon said...

:-) I have had the same thing happen to me... and the fact that I could not figure out who drove me a bit nuts for a bit.. then I said forget it. My number has fluctuated several times and I am not sure why at all... I quit worrying about the # of those who follow me... If I have to worry about the fact that I may have said something I am not sure if I would ever write... Although I have been told that I do not write as blunt as I should... wonder what that means.... maybe its something I didn't say.....

JJ said...

Yes indeed, ladies. I'm not really concerned, just intrigued, especially as I can't think who it is. I've found taht icons also disappear when people close their own blogs. That's happened a couple of times.

Carmen said...

hm. well, maybe that person quit blogger?

pnorthluskin said...

What does losing a blogger mean exactly? I'm sorry to sound like a blogger neophyte.

JJ said...

It could mean several things, Paige. It could mean that they've shut down their blog so their icon doesn't appear in my Followers list any more, or it could mean that they've taken the conscious decision to disassociate with me, or it could mean that Google has messed up. And there are probably several other possibilities that the uninitiated like me wouldn't begin to guess at.

It really doesn't bother me, although I confess to being glad that it wasn't you.

JJ said...

I think that should have been 'disassociate from,' but it's late.

pnorthluskin said...

No worries. I took your meaning. I'm glad that it wasn't me as well! I would have been surprised.