Thursday 12 August 2010

Questions, questions...

Should the next post be about The Environment or War? They’re both on my mind at the moment. I have the suffering of the Chinese, the Pakistanis, the Iraqis and the Afghans in mind.

Should I tell Roisin that the only reason I rag her is because I like her?

Should I regard the age of the soul as more important than the age of the body?

Should I continue to wonder what the weather is like in Mumbai?

Should I wait, or should I actively seek?

Should I laugh at myself, or take myself seriously? No, I know the answer to that one.

Should I have another scotch, or should I go to bed? I overslept badly this morning.

Should I be asking any of these questions?

Should I be making this post? Why not? I can always take it down again.

Should I be using first person pronouns so much?

In the final analysis, does anything we do matter?

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Depressingly sunny. Mumbai. Need. Rain.

Carmen said...

No, I don't think so, or so I keep telling myself.....makybe youshould just pick out of a hat? (final analysis)

JJ said...

You have such a nice way of putting things, Lady I. Could we do a deal? We're having lots of un-forecast rain today. Swap?

JJ said...

Good evening, Carmen. In the cold light of day, I think you might be right.

Mother Moon said...

Goodness, too many questions, too early in the morning.... have another scotch and ponder...

JJ said...

I did have another small one, then I said goodight to Peter, my pet pink elephant, and went to bed.

Anonymous said...

No. Nothing matters.

Jfromtheblock said...

I should try a scotch too, you all seem to love it so much :)

my motto for today: enjoy the ride. make someone else happy.

JJ said...

The last time I assumed I knew who 'Anonymous' was, I got it wrong. If it's you, Lady India, I take it we're talking deep here.

Do enjoy the ride, Jen. I have (so far,) believe it or not. It's interesting how the desire to make someone else happy can be driven by selfish motives. One of life's little paradoxes, I think. Still a good thing to do, though.