Tuesday 3 August 2010

On the Road to Mandalay.

The dawn is not the only thing that comes up like thunder out of China ’cross the bay.


I assume everybody’s read Kipling?


And did you know that Rudyard Kipling was named after a village close to my home town? Well, the Rudyard bit was; I expect Kipling was his dad’s name. Mr and Mrs Kipling Snr went there for their honeymoon, apparently. I suppose they must have liked it. It has a big lake.


I’m being irritatingly cryptic again. It’s that time of night. But before I go to bed (which is imminent,) I’d just like to say:


The dawn is not the only thing that comes up like thunder out of China ’cross the bay.


Are you with me now?


If I get any comments on this one, I might consider falling off my chair.

2 comments:

Amy Acorn said...

i really hope i don't make you fall off your chair, just want to say thank you for your comment on my blog!

JJ said...

You're welcome, Amy. I was intrigued by Cornwall/Birmingham. Hope you don't get lost in London.