Saturday 14 August 2010

Must be the Irish Connection.

She had to go and say it, didn’t she? Roisin the Colleen. Having a ball in Donegal! ‘Isn’t it annoying when you get a tune stuck in your head?’ Yup. Ever since she said that, I’ve had ‘Down by the Sally Gardens’ refusing to leave me alone. It isn’t exactly one of Yeats’ better poems, and the tune is a bit mawkish. Will somebody please make it stop!

Why have I got nothing serious to say today? I have actually, I just can't be bothered saying it. Must be all that Gallic laidbackness with the onions. I tried doing my Maurice Chevalier impression in an attempt to get rid of Down by the Sally bloody Gardens. Didn't work. Maybe I should drink myself into oblivion instead. Whoo! An excuse!

2 comments:

Maria Sondule said...

Hum the looney Tunes melody. That'll stop it... :P or make it worse...
My friend is in London right now. Any suggestions on places she should visit?

JJ said...

Well, actually, I went to Carmen's blog. That has Benny Goodman doing a version of Ain't Misbehaving. Now that's ensconced itself!

I'm not the best person to ask about London, Maria. Being me, I was always attracted to the splendour of the British Museum by day and the fleshpots of Soho by night. I doubt that your friend vacillates between being dull and depraved (I exaggerate slightly.)

I gather everybody takes a ride on the London Eye these days, and I'm sure there used to be Jack the Ripper tours of what's left of the old Whitechapel district. And there are plenty of theatres and posh shops in the West End, of course.