Sunday 22 August 2010

Plans.

Today is nearly over and
I haven’t made a post.
And now I’m feeling peckish
So I’ll make a piece of toast.
And then I’ll go and have a bath
To wash away the grime -
Prepare me for the early hours,
My winding downing time.
I’ll get that little bottle down
And have a drop of booze.
And then I’ll take myself to bed
For more than just a snooze.

Today I’ve been the sort of busy that precludes the contemplation of deep and meaningful things. Rain is forecast for tomorrow, so who knows where my mind will end up? Watch this space if you’ve got nothing better to do.

Actually, the bottle is quite big. Litres are cheaper pro rata.

6 comments:

Shayna said...

What did you put on your toast? (Ahh, for a spot of rain.)

JJ said...

Olive spread. Can't afford jam.

I'm lying. Actually, I changed my mind and had two cream crackers with cheese instead. What a little devil!

We would gladly give you some of our rain if we could. We've had more than enough over the last few weeks.

Shayna said...

"Cheese & crackers, Gromit!"

JJ said...

Oh dear. I think my slippers post might have been ill-timed.

Yes, indeed. No Gwendolines for me.

'You don't like cheese?'

Shakes head.

'Not even Wensleydale?'

Shayna said...

Good one, Jeff! Oh, and:

http://www.amazon.com/Wallace-Gromit-Lost-Slipper/dp/1859989039

JJ said...

$99!!!