Thursday 14 July 2011

A Thought at Lunchtime.

I just read my last post again. I have to admit that I was thinking of taking it down because I’m in a different place now. Can’t, can I? Like most things that ‘pop into’ my head, I didn’t know what it meant at the time. What was particularly bothering me was:

Subsumed, consumed, exhumed.

I thought it was just some cheap, pretentious ramble attempting to make rhyming words sound clever. It isn’t; it’s actually quite profound. It’s about the journey into love and change – be it through the love of a woman, nature, God, whatever you like, whatever’s appropriate – and really is quite clever. The words are in the right order. So who wrote it, because I’m sure I didn’t.

I tell you, life is bloody freaky at the moment. The last year has been getting freakier and freakier. Helen has a theory. Maybe I’ll tell you about it some time.

And my need to travel is growing. What a shame the modern world makes it almost impossible to wander (credit to Zoe for that one.) What’s really odd is that I want to go to America. Why America? Why not the Brazilian rainforest, or the jungles of Thailand, or the Antarctic Ocean? These are the places I always used to want to visit. Why America? Something to do with the great social experiment, maybe, or to be at the heart of the cradle for change? What is there for me in America? The fact is, I need to do something with what’s left of my life.

I’ve found that most of the meaningful learning processes in my life have come from following the policy: Wait; Watch; Grab the Opportunity. So now I wait and watch, and stay prepared.

No comments: