Saturday 30 July 2011

Pointless Preoccupations.

At the moment I’m preoccupied with Mohammad’s night journey to Jerusalem. You don’t make friends and influence people with preoccupations like that!

However...

I’m also curious to know why some interesting people force themselves to become ordinary so as to avoid pain and be accepted by the lowest common denominator. Where’s the self-respect?

And then there are those who desperately want to be known, and yet build an impenetrable defensive wall around themselves. What’s that all about?

I’m rambling. The search goes on.

2 comments:

Zz... said...

Au contraire I find that preoccupation worth knowing more about...

few people have much self-respect....they go for the easier option...

Humans are walking contradictions.

Ramble away, just make sure it's interesting, lol

JJ said...

Well, the question centres on whether it was physical, spiritual or delusional. The story is that he was taken there by an angel, led the other Jewish prophets (including Jesus) in prayer, and then had a personal audience with God. Beware the fundamentalists.

I agree.

I agree.

I will.