Saturday 23 July 2011

The Nature of Beauty.

At the moment I’m preoccupied with the perception of beauty.

a) The common view:

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

True up to a point, but hopelessly inadequate when taken deeper.

b) Shakespeare’s view:

Beauty lives with kindness.

Better, but still too objective for such an abstract concept.

c) My view:

Beauty is in the mind of the beholder.

This morning I was forced to change my mind about somebody. We live in a world obsessed with physical beauty, and young people are conditioned to see it no other way. To me, it’s a shallow, impoverished view. We’re all entitled to our opinions.

Right now I need to get busy. The change of mind deposited a pile of unpleasant black stuff in the pit of my stomach. I need to get rid of it.

2 comments:

Zz... said...

Strange the older I get the more superificial I get...cos I probably repressed and neglected it for too long...the way I see it...beauty is in the mind AND THE EYE of the beholder, lol...all about *balance* :D

JJ said...

Does that mean you're into glamour now? Is it working?