Sunday 31 July 2011

Insecurity, a Chinese Minx, and the Land of Two Dimensions.

Zhen reckons I’m insecure, bless her. She’s right; there is one thing I’m tragically insecure about. So hands up anybody who can claim they’re not insecure about anything.

Let him who is without sin cast the first stone.

Here endeth the second scotch.

-------------------------------------

Change of plan. I’ve been seriously considering paying a visit to Sydney, NSW recently. I’ve done the cheapest-flights-and-visa-requirements research thing, but I’ve changed my mind. Every scrap of evidence suggests that Zhen is about the only thing worth experiencing in Australia, and I’m not about to spend around 25% of what little money I have on Zhen alone. Sorry, Zhen; you might ride high in my consciousness, but not quite that high.

-------------------------------------

Am listening to All the Stars. The voice so reminds me of somebody I’m missing. Hey, ho. That’s another trip off. I still have Berlin, Barcelona and California. Or Wigan Pier. That’s a Brit joke.

--------------------------------------

The problem with gardening on warm, sunny days is that you spend the whole night scratching!

3 comments:

Zz... said...

LOL you almost had me alarmed there, hahaha. I have to psych myself up for my old man visits...I don't think I can take too many! LOL

I vote Barcelona!

Nuutj said...

This post has got me thinking.......But I have made up my mind to fly over Pacific to meet a stranger. Months to go, he or I may change our mind but that's o.k. I don't mean to settle down. It's only thing on my bucket list before both of us will separate and take our own path on the long Samsara.

:) Probably, I got too much time with no children burden to burn.

(Today's word verification is 'lateness'. Does it give a clue ?)

JJ said...

Zhen: I find it intriguing that you seem to need to counter compliment with mild insult. Not that I'm insulted, of course, merely intrigued.

Mei-shan: That sort of long term planning is something I have great difficulty with. I think I'll make a blog post about it. Lateness indeed!