Wednesday 13 July 2011

An Early Thought.

Regular readers will know that I’m a night owl. Last night I went to bed early at 2.15 because I knew the joiner was coming this morning. Nine o’clock he said. At 8.40 there were ladders going up to my bedroom window, and I’m being invaded by various sorts of unwholesome noise as I type this.

It won’t be surprising that my thoughts are consumed by a review of last night’s main post. Yesterday was intoxicating and I have a hangover. Now it’s a new day, and in the cold early light to which I’m unaccustomed I realise that the post could have been better written. Frankly, I’m nervous. Ever open, I said what wanted to be said and there’s no luring it back to cancel half a line. But I’m nervous because there’s a rare and special person far across the sea who has probably read it. I just hope it caused her no disquiet because she’s been very special to me for some time and remains so. Maybe more so now than ever. I hope she knows that, for what it’s worth, and will excuse the hopelessly inadequate reference to her.

That’s all; I need to get off this subject now. Back later.

No comments: