Sunday 24 July 2011

Guts and The Gift Horse.

Right then. I got my guts turned over today. I’ll spare you the details, except to say that I really should be more careful who I share my secrets with. I’m still shuddering at the thought of it.

So, by way of trying to straighten them out, I decided to self-publish my novella The Gift Horse with dear old Lulu this evening. If anybody’s interested, it can be viewed at the ‘Books’ link on the sidebar. I might point out that you can get a preview of the book by using the ‘more details’ link underneath the cover picture. It gives you about the first twelve pages, which is a pity since The Gift Horse starts slowly and only gathers pace about a quarter of the way in. It’s also worth mentioning that it was accepted by three publishers, but withdrawn because I couldn’t stand the company I was keeping - if that’s any recommendation.

And the same offer holds as it did with Odyssey. If anybody is happy to read it on the computer screen, I’ll gladly send the ms free as an e-mail attachment.

I think I might need an extra scotch or two tonight. When you let somebody know which of your buttons is the self-destruct one, and then they push it...

No comments: