Friday 8 July 2011

Connecting Stories.

I have this notion that one day, long after I’m dead, I’m going to be famous. High school English exam papers will have questions like:

Contrast and compare JJ Beazley’s short stories When the Waves Call and Casablanca, USA.

They’re both about a man meeting a woman in a bar, you see. And it’s raining outside in both stories. There has to be a deeper connection between them, but I’m blowed if I know what it is. Hopefully, the monstrous army of academics will have invented several by then, to vindicate my reputation.

That is how it works, isn’t it?

2 comments:

Nuutj said...

Would you care ? People perceive others differently even while still alive. And I am sure that within my limitation of information etc. I don't see the all true pictures.



(interesting I got 'preys' for word verification)

JJ said...

No problem, Mei-shan. I was only joking.