Friday 15 July 2011

Beauty in its Own Time.

I make no apology for repeating a few words I wrote in an e-mail today. It will suffice as a post while I come to terms with something.

The world holds much beauty, beauty that can be experienced over and over again, beauty you can even choose to live among if you have the means, beauty you can hold onto. The aurora borealis is different. She is perhaps the greatest beauty of all, the most spectacular, the most mysterious, the most awesome in the true sense of the word. But she isn't somebody you can visit; you have to wait for her to appear. She comes and goes in accordance with her own will. She won't be held onto. I've always wanted to see the aurora, and I've always known that the thrill of seeing her would be countered by deflation at her going.

Two posts in one here.

No comments: