Saturday 9 July 2011

Bat Jamboree.

The bats were performing splendidly this evening. Nearly every night I get at least one that will perform a loop-the-loop in front of my face, encouraging the notion that it’s either saying ‘hello’ or just showing off. I’m sure it isn’t, of course, but that isn’t the point. The point is that I get a thrill when they do it, and tonight they were looping loops right, left and centre. It seemed as though it must be some sort of Bat Jamboree. Maybe 8th July is Bat Independence Day, or something.

The real point, of course, is that while such things don’t make the business of living and losing any easier, they do remind me that life is there to be revered.

2 comments:

Nuutj said...

I have never paid attention to bat's flying pattern. It sounds amusing and cute.

And yes, to me, life is revered too.

JJ said...

One of them came to within a few inches of my face tonight. That was a thrill!