Sunday 29 December 2013

Trying to See the Invisible.

I woke up this morning with an overwhelming and dispiriting sense that all the things I’ve done in my life so far were essentially meaningless, and that memories are but two-dimensional representations of probable illusions.

The thought progressed from there, but I won’t bore you with the detail. Suffice it to say that in the end it came down to one thing: the matter of perception. It seems to me that perception is the realest thing we have in this physical existence. Maybe it’s the only thing that’s truly real. And yet it has no form; it can’t be seen, touched or measured; it’s one-dimensional, or maybe infinitely dimensional.

So where do we go from there? I don’t know, but I thought I’d jot it down to help wile away the time before lunch. Toasted cheese and pickle, I think. I need my one tomato for an illusory green salad later.

No comments: