Friday 27 December 2013

Late and Losing the Plot.

Do you know what my ex-wife said to me when I proposed to her?

‘If you hadn’t asked me soon, I think I would have gone mad.’

Haha! That was my next seven years sorted out!

She had a rock band, you know. I did the roadie duties, but I also chose the name: Marley’s Ghost. That’s what they were called, and my then-wife wrote all the songs. They got some interest from EMI, but it never came to a recording contract.

After we split up she started a business making and selling embroidery kits, and she wrote several books on the subject – using my name. She also took up with an archaeologist and laid claim to our pet rabbit, Beaumont (whose name was chosen by me, I might add.) She always was a bit strange.

Right now I’m being driven crazy by the roaring of the wind and the clattering of the rain. Does it show?

No comments: