Monday 16 December 2013

Rationalising the Fitful Fever.

You know, I and people like me don’t have homes. We’re not supposed to. What we have are learning environments, some of which are comfortable and some of which aren’t.

The problem with those that are comfortable is that they begin to feel like home, and that’s when the wheels of fortune start turning and the whispering in the wire adopts an insistent tone:

‘Hear those wheels? That's the discomfort generator going to work. You’re not on this earth to be comfortable, you know. You’re here to learn.’

Learn what? Do they have a job for me somewhere down the line? Is that it? Who are ‘they?’ Some consortium of gods, angels, demons and my higher consciousness, all sitting around a three dimensional chess board? And who is the whisperer?

It all sounds a bit far-fetched, doesn’t it? I’m inclined to agree, and yet I’m seriously beginning to wonder. It fits nicely with my history to date. It fits nicely with the history of a few other people I know, too.

 *  *  *

So, what should I do in the meantime? Should I make that post about the Grail quest? I like that one; it never gets to the bottom line. Or should I start the new story that's forming in what passes for a mind - the one about the two men drowned in mysterious circumstances and the third one awaiting his fate?

I don't suppose I'll do either. I expect I'll reach for some alcohol and music to drown out the sound of turning wheels.

No comments: