Tuesday 3 December 2013

The Stevie Nicks Post.


I’ve been looking for something to interest me on this most doleful of days, and I just found it:

Stevie Nicks is older than me. Well I never.

I developed a crush on Stevie Nicks back in my photography days when I used to play Fleetwood Mac albums on the car stereo. She sat in the passenger seat all the way from Devon to the north of Scotland and back, and she’s been in my pocket ever since. I used to think of her as the sexy kid with the gravelly voice, and all the time I never knew she was older than me. Jeez.

It’s hard to believe that the photography days were over twenty years ago.

I also discovered that she’s a Gemini, which is an odd coincidence because I’d just been listening to some Aussie bloke going on about the pleasures and pitfalls of Saggi-Gemini relationships. He said that while Saggis fire arrows unerringly at the heart, Geminis are more inclined to use sarcasm. ‘Saggis don’t do sarcasm,’ he said, ‘it’s too intellectual for them.’

Nope, not intellectual: just cheap.

No comments: