Friday 20 December 2013

Religion and Monkeys.

All religions are belief systems, and people have every right to their beliefs. What they don’t have any right to do is become so degraded by the darkness of dogmatic certainty that they believe themselves entitled to force others to think and act in accordance with it.

Tonight’s walk post went out of the window. Tonight’s Da Vinci Code post went out of the window. And all other seeds of potential posts fell on stony ground.

That’s because I feel rattled by several things, not least the fact that I find myself dispirited by the continued stupidity of the human monkey carrying some grotesque image of God on his back and running amok.

I don’t know what God is, or whether it even exists, and I don’t know what truths might be contained in any religion. But neither does anybody else, especially the monkey.

That’s why this little post survived. It had to find release somewhere.

No comments: