Wednesday 4 December 2013

The Me Blog.

Blogs come in many different forms, and one of the commonest is the ‘This is Me’ blog. Post after post, almost without exception, is composed of ‘I think this’ ‘I do that’ ‘What I really hate is…’ ‘I’ve always been the sort to…’

I used to think they were just the outpourings of a heavy ego, but not all of them are. Some such bloggers are highly intelligent, reflective people who are trying to understand how they function, and talking about it helps. Their blogs can make compelling reading, and they serve a useful purpose because it seems to me that the more you understand how your various angles function, the more you’re likely to understand how other people function.

Unless, of course, you’re just heavily into ego, in which case you probably won’t care enough to make the connections. Personally, I’ve always been inclined to observe everybody anyway, especially me.

No comments: